About Pain Management and Physical Therapy Specialists
A pain management doctor helps you manage acute or chronic pain so that you can maintain your daily activities comfortably. The pain management specialist at Doral Medical and Multispecialty will work with your other doctors to understand the causes of your pain and help manage your pain while you heal. Pain management uses many different types of treatments, including physical therapy, that are carefully and responsibly selected with your health and well-
being in mind.
Physical therapy specialists help people recover after surgery, bed rest or an injury. Working with a physical therapist allows you to become more active and return to your lifestyle before your illness or injury. Physical therapy also helps decrease or eliminate the need for over-the-counter or pain medication.
Make your appointment today to take the first steps toward an active and comfortable lifestyle by working with one of the best pain management and physical therapy teams and in Brooklyn, NY.
WE ACCEPT MEDICAID, MEDICARE, HMOS AND MOST OTHER INSURANCES.
Approaching Pain Management
Doral’s pain management doctors and physical therapists keep up to date on helping patients manage their pain by understanding the causes of pain, utilizing a holistic approach and working with your other doctors so that you can enjoy your daily activities.
Pain management and physical therapy specialists diagnose and help manage these types of pain (and others):
- Back pain
- Elbow pain
- Foot pain
- Hip pain
- Knee pain
- Leg pain
- Shoulder pain
- Sprains and strains
- Wrist and hand pain
- Acute, short-term pain that lasts up to a few months
- Pain after an accident or fall
- Pain after surgery
- Chronic, long-lasting pain
- Long-term pain from cancer and other diseases
What to expect when you see a pain management or physical therapy specialist:
Your pain management doctor will first interview you to understand the causes of your pain. Next, the doctor may order tests to help with the diagnosis. The physical therapist evaluates your pain, develops a set of exercises designed specifically for your condition, helps you perform the exercises and gives you instructions for activity on your own.
Pain management specialists and physical therapists always work with your other doctors in order to diagnose and manage your pain. Many types of doctors may be involved in your treatment:
- Cardiologist for heart problems
- Endocrinologist for diabetes and hormonal problems
- Gastroenterologist for stomach and intestinal problems
- Gynecologist for women’s health
- Podiatrist for pain in your feet and ankles
A Full Range of Services
Through a comprehensive approach towards wellness care, Doral Health & Wellness provides some of the highest quality healthcare for the elderly.
Services provided as needed:
- Diagnosis of your pain
- Review of your medical history
- In-depth interview to understand your pain
- Nerve conduction testing
- X-rays and MRI
- Blood tests
- Consultation with your other doctors
- Management of your pain
- Heat and ice
- Holistic pain treatment
- Medications (over-the-counter or prescription)
- Nerve blocks
- Pain management education
- Physical therapy and exercise plans
- TENS units
Your doctor’s qualifications:
A pain management specialist has the following education and credentials:
- Medical school, followed by several years of training under experienced doctors
- Qualifications for a license to practice medicine in New York State
- Optional specialization in pain management
A physical therapist has the following education and credentials:
- Doctorate-level education at an accredited physical therapy program
- Qualifications for a license to practice physical therapy in New York State
- Optional specializations and certifications
Doral Health & Wellness cares about you
At Doral Health & Wellness, we are proud of our commitment to the Brownsville and East New York Community to provide integrated, interdisciplinary health services in a progressive medical facility dedicated to the health and well-being of our patients. We partner with insurance companies, managed care organizations and hospitals in the area in order to treat our patients with the highest level of care and respect.