About Ophthalmology Specialty
An ophthalmologist diagnoses and treats diseases that affect the eyes. Ophthalmologists also work with optometrists and opticians, the specialists for eye function and helping you see using glasses or contact lenses. The entire family can visit the ophthalmologist to check for serious problems with eye health.
An ophthalmologist can diagnose the cause of any changes in your vision, including changes related to aging.
Make your appointment today to see our ophthalmologist and learn what makes Doral ophthalmology services among the best in Brooklyn, NY.
WE ACCEPT MEDICAID, MEDICARE, HMOS AND MOST OTHER INSURANCES
Ophthalmology specialists diagnose and treat these conditions and others in adults:
- Cancer of the eye or eyelid
- Contact lens problems
- Decreased vision
- Double vision
- Dry eye
- Eye conditions related to diabetes
- Eye infections
- Eyelid diseases
- Halos when you look at lights
- Headaches plus blurred vision
- Injury to the eye
- Macular degeneration
- Sight loss
- Sores on the eyes or eyelids
- Vision changes
What to expect when you see an ophthalmology doctor:
Your ophthalmologist is a medical doctor who examines your eyes to look for signs of disease. When you visit the ophthalmologist, you will go through testing to determine the health of your eyes. The ophthalmologist also can perform eye surgery and prescribe medications. You may be referred to an optometrist and an optician for examination for eyeglasses or contact lenses.
A Full Range of Services
Through a comprehensive approach towards wellness care, Doral Health & Wellness provides some of the highest quality healthcare for the elderly.
- Evaluation of visual acuity
- Ophthalmoscopy to see inside the eye
- Pachymetry to measure the thickness of the cornea
- Slit lamp evaluation to look for problems in the eye
- Tonometry to measure eye pressure related to glaucoma
- Visual field testing
Your doctor’s qualifications:
An ophthalmology specialist has the following education and credentials:
- Medical school, followed by several years of training under experienced doctors
- Qualifications for a license to practice medicine in New York State
- Board certification in ophthalmology
Doral Health & Wellness cares about you
At Doral Health & Wellness, we are proud of our commitment to the Brownsville and East New York Community to provide integrated, interdisciplinary health services in a progressive medical facility dedicated to the health and well-being of our patients. We partner with insurance companies, managed care organizations and hospitals in the area in order to treat our patients with the highest level of care and respect.